Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Doesn't this classroom look busy?

When I was reading chapter 13 about the Social Constructivist Model, this is like the image I got of what the classroom would be like. Lots of different things going on at one time. It reminded me of teaching using the Multiple Intellegence theory. I think it would be hard to keep up with everyone, but it would be the ideal way to teach and learn. Teaching diverse students is a challenge and takes a lot of "learning" on the teacher's part also.
This model lets students rely on their own schema in choosing reading materials. I like this, because if you are reading something that you can relate to, you will enjoy it so much more. I agree with what the book says that students cannot be held accountable for knowledge that has never been made available to them.
Our activity was fun and I have such characters in my class, they would really have a great time with this. This is a great activity for this time of the school year in my class, because my students are reading!

No comments: