Tuesday, February 20, 2007

It's all about Reading!

Thank you for all of your positive feedback on my presentation and yes I know I'm not very good at making eye contact. I think if you were five years old I'd be much better at it. After reading this chapter and doing my power point, I really do see the need to do more for our adolescent readers. If they don't get hooked by middle school, there isn't much hope of them enjoying reading just for the pure pleasure of it. I don't think I could survive if I didn't have a good book handy to relieve my stress or just to read because the story is so good. What's more fun than reading something you just can't put down?! At least at my age, that's how I feel.

As far as Activity 11, I feel more sure of what is expected and where to get the information. I do know a few teachers who were around during the time of the reading specialists. They call themselves the "Dinosaurs". I was a school aide at that time and I do remember our reading specialist. Her name was Elizabeth Hamilton. I don't know what happened to her. Maybe I could find out.

Have a great Weekend!

No comments: